Guidelines for Online Open Share Groups
All open share group will open promptly at 8:00pm. Participants will not be admitted to the group after 8:05pm. This will prevent anyone from entering the group once sharing has begun. If you are unable to gain access to a group, you may still connect with one of our leaders by using the live chat feature on our website.
- Keep your sharing focused on your own thoughts, feelings, and actions. (Please limit to no more than 3-5 minutes)
- There is no crosstalk please. Cross talk is when two people engage in a dialogue during the meeting. Each person is free to express without interruptions. Please do not use emojis or nonverbal expressions during someone’s sharing.
- We are here to support one another. We will not attempt to “fix” one another.
- Anonymity and Confidentiality are basic requirements. What’s shared in the group stays in the group. The only exception is when someone threatens to injure themselves or others.
- Offensive language has no place in a Christ-centered recovery group, including no graphic descriptions.
- All members must use headphones. This will ensure that no one else can overhear what is being shared.
- All members must be on camera. If the group leader asks, participants must show the rest of the group that no one else is in the room. Please do not leave your chair while the meeting is going on.
- The meetings will not be recorded.