Guidelines for Online Open Share Groups
All open share group will open promptly at 8:00pm. Participants will not be admitted to the group after 8:05pm. This will prevent anyone from entering the group once sharing has begun. If you are unable to gain access to a group, you may still connect with one of our leaders by using the live chat feature on our website.
- Keep your sharing focused on your own thoughts, feelings, and actions. Please limit your sharing to 3-5 minutes.
- There is NO cross talk please. Cross talk is when two people engage in a dialogue during the meeting. Each person sharing is free to express feelings without interruptions. This also includes digital chatting.
- We are here to support one another. We will not attempt to “fix” one another.
- Anonymity and Confidentiality are basic requirements. What is shared in the group stays in the group. The only exception is when someone threatens to injure themselves or others.
- Offensive language has no place in a Christ-centered recovery group.
- All members must use headphones. This will ensure that no one else can overhear what is shared in the group.
- All members must be on camera. If the group leader asked, they must show the rest of the group that no one else is in the room.
- The meetings will not be recorded.